Holiday Dinner in Style With New Dining Room Furniture
Your family is coming to gather for the holidays and your old dining table will not seat enough people, you have no place to set out the buffet, and some of your dining room chairs are not sturdy enough for company. It may be time for an upgrade from the table you used in college to some dining room furniture that looks like it belongs to the young professional that you are.
Dining room sets are a thing of the past, so you can create a dining experience that is unique to you with select chairs, tables and buffet tables or sidebars. Dining room furniture should be both beautiful and functional and, if coordinated well, will give your family a comfortable place to gather while making a statement about your style.
What’s Trendy in Dining Tables?
Your table no longer needs to blend with the hardwood floors or window trim in your home.
- Texture will add an interesting focal point, and a rustic roughhewn wood dining table can provide texture in almost any shade or style.
- Glass top tables might be the way to go for a sleek dining room décor with a more formal feel. This is one trend to stay away from if you have little kids with greasy hands.
- Traditional wood dining tables with decorative legs are timeless, especially if you’re redecorating an older home.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match the sleek contemporary dining tables of today with more vintage décor.
Dining Chairs for Comfort and Style
Your family will spend a fair amount of time sitting at your dining room table, whether it is family meals, game time or homework, so you want your dining room to be comfortable and stylish. Think about who will be using your dining chairs. People with children will want chairs that wipe off easily, while more mature couples may want the comfort of upholstery for when guests visit. The amount of space you have in your dining area will also play into the equation of whether to choose a more compact design, or bench seating, rather than a larger design of upholstered captain’s chairs.
- Traditional wood styles are always safe and timeless.
- Leather upholstery is sleek, and comfortable, but still provide an easily cleaned surface.
- Upholstered chairs are a great option to add color and texture, or even work a pattern into your dining room décor.
- Rustic wood chairs can provide an interesting base for further experimentation with rustic décor.
- Contemporary wood and molded metal chairs offer a smaller design and allow your other décor to catch the attention of visitors. They often save space if there is limited room available.
A Table that’s Functional and Fits with Your Décor
When you’re looking for a new buffet table to fill that empty wall in the dining room, consider what you want to use it for. If your love of wine leaves you with a cabinet full of bottles, a sideboard with a wine rack and wine glass holders may be the perfect fit for your family. You may just be seeking extra storage for your “good dishes” or table clothes. Your new buffet could feature:
- Spacious cabinets
- Wine racks and glass holders
- Elegant, classic, rustic or contemporary design
No matter what your taste in furniture and décor, the possibilities for creating a comfortable, beautiful or stylish dining room are endless.
If you need help putting together the perfect dining room for the holiday, or just want to add one piece of furniture, the interior designers and staff at Dwell Home Furnishings & Interior Design can help.